Outdoor Activity Instructors
Camp Mornington, WA
Camp Mornington is looking for Outdoor Activity Instructors to work on a casual basis during their upcoming peak season in September 2018.
Who we are:
Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as one camp facility.
About the Camp:
Camp Mornington combines fun and education in a beautiful and relaxing environment. Our activities are designed to challenge and engage participants, allowing them to explore their abilities and reach beyond their limitations.
As an Outdoor Activity Instructor you will lead Outdoor activities for the clients at the camp. You will be responsible for guiding clients of all ages and backgrounds through camp activities including abseiling, mountain biking, high ropes and raft building. You will be responsible for ensuring the campers have a fun and educational experience at the camp. As an activity instructor you will also be required to help set up/pack down activities and equipment. In addition you will work with other camp staff to assist in the daily camp operation requirements.
- Experience in outdoor activity delivery
- Certificate III in Outdoor Education
- Experience in Activities such as:
- Ropes Courses e.g. high ropes, low ropes, mid ropes
- Raft building and canoeing
- Climbing Wall
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR certificate
- Bronze Medallion ( desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working with children ( Year 6- Year 9), young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups through sports and exercise
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong Communication and Team Work skills
What we can offer you:
- Great Work Environment
- Supportive team
- Onsite accommodation
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Insurance
How to Apply:
If you are interested in getting involved in your community and making a difference to the lives of young people, then please apply for this role using the below application form.
Applications close COB 27 April 2018
WA PCYC reserves the right to close this advertisement prior to the above closing date should a suitable applicant be found prior.
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.